The Hispanic Promise is the first-of-its-kind national pledge to hire, promote, retain and celebrate Hispanics in the workplace. Launched at the World Economic Forum in 2019, the Hispanic Promise is a non-legally binding sign of intention, result of the joint effort of multiple Hispanic Organization as a call to action for business leaders and companies of Corporate America to create a more inclusive work environment for Hispanics.
The Hispanic Promise
The Promise also represents an opportunity for those companies already engaged in inclusion and diversity to showcase their commitment as a Hispanic-friendly place.
By signing on the Hispanic Promise, your company will showcase its commitment to create a more inclusive environment for Hispanics. Being a Hispanic Promise signatory gives you a symbolic Hispanic-friendly stamp that would undoubtedly increase the appeal of your company as a potential employer for Hispanic workforce, cement your reputation and credibility among the increasing number of Hispanic consumers, which in turn will drive your business’ growth by expanding your customer base.
Signing the Hispanic Promise entails the following:
- A non-legally binding sign of intention;
- The opportunity to focus your internal actions on one or more focus areas;
- A package of media assets to activate both internally and externally to showcase your commitment to diversity and inclusion;
- Access to annual reports on the progress of the initiative and insightful material on US Hispanics.
Hispanics in the United States
Hispanics make up 18 percent of the U.S. population, 12 percent of annual U.S. GDP and $1.7 trillion of annual consumer purchasing power. However, Hispanics are often undervalued, underrepresented and misperceived and it affects how they feel about their place in society and in the workplace.
The Hispanic Sentiment Study
- The first annual Hispanic Sentiment Study was conducted in August 2018 by We Are All Human in order to measure U.S. Hispanic sentiment on the political, business and educational landscapes, as well as on personal values. An alarming 77 percent of respondents were unaware of recent accomplishments achieved by the Hispanic community across the country.
- Despite serving as a major source of U.S. labor, 74 percent of U.S. Hispanics feel they cannot be themselves at work.
- Research indicates that more than 80 percent of U.S. Hispanics state that if a brand plays a “positive role” in their community they will be more favorable to that brand and more likely to become a customer. This is an opportunity that most companies do not realize.
Hispanic Leadership Summits
We Are All Human has regular regional Hispanic Leadership Summits across the country to gather leaders in a platform for dialogue and change that addresses the lack of unification among the U.S. Hispanic community.
Sign the promise
Before submitting your commitment to The Hispanic Promise, please make sure that you are qualified to sign on behalf of your company and organization. After signing The Hispanic Promise you will be contacted by a member of our team to follow up on the next steps for activation. If you have any questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Hispanic Promise
I promise to create inclusive environments within the workplace and to take positive intentional actions to hire, promote, retain, develop and celebrate Hispanics as employees, customers and citizens.
I aim to create or strengthen employee engagement, mentorship programs, employee or business resource groups, talent advancement and an inclusive company culture where employees feel they belong, are valued and have a voice.
I acknowledge the priorities selected by Hispanic Leaders under the Vision 2020, which include access to education, financial empowerment and improving the image of Hispanics.
As a result, I aim to increase the number of Hispanic employees in my company to better reflect the US population, increase Hispanic representation in all levels and all functions of my company, and assess the sentiment of Hispanics in my company.