advance our mission
‘Voices’ is a platform for change-makers to share their inspirational stories or role models and inspire action. Our team has been inspired by the multitude of impactful stories that we have heard from the listeners of Global GoalsCast or attendees of our events, such as the Hispanic Leadership Summit or the UNGA Kick-Off Reception. We will use our blog to allow organizations and individuals to share their work and to amplify their efforts and inspiration.
‘Voices’ is a vehicle for building a network to share stories. We are looking for practical stories that will inspire others and bring people together through realization of shared commonalities. Voices is an initiative of the We Are All Human Foundation, and we love stories or individuals that will remind others of that simple idea. Include aspects of your experience, or the inspirational work of others that readers might learn from and be able to use in their lives and work. Also, be forward thinking in how your work and the action of others whom your work inspires might contribute to a better, more inclusive world.
Some thoughts to help you frame your blog post:
- Tell us about the work that you are doing.
- What drives your passion for the impact that you are making?
- How does your work connect to the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals?
- Where did you struggle in your work? How did you learn from the challenges?
- What did you learn in your work that might be useful for the blog readers?
Remember: ‘Voices’ is a place for inspiration and action, not a place to rant or be overly self-promotional, political or critical. Please consider the intention of this blog as you are writing.
Note: Our goal is to share as many stories as possible, however, due to time and quantity constraints, we will be unable to post every story that is submitted to ‘Voices’.
Guidelines for Contributors
- Body: 800 (max)
- Title: 100 characters (Max)
Format for sharing
- Share a Google Doc link or Word document to [email protected] with VOICES in the subject line.
- Link to other content whenever relevant. Every link included must add value for readers.
- Use headers and subheaders to break up your post.
- Avoid big blocks of text.
- When writing headlines be specific and indicate a benefit to the reader.
- Use bullet or numbered lists.
- End the post with a question or a call to action for comments. The more specific, the better.
We love images on ‘Voices’. We use them to break up text, make the blog post scannable and to support data. Include one header image
- All post images must be at least 710px wide.
- No Stock Photos (unless absolutely necessary, which is hardly ever).
- Include images that illustrate “how to” do something or images that support data.
- Author/organization bio should be 50 words max.
- Include your headshot or logo (350×350).
- Link to your Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and company (if applicable).
We may edit your post or bounce it back to you for revisions. We may edit anchor text and links that are not relevant to your post.
We ask that your article not be published elsewhere previously, or simultaneously. If you’d like to republish a guest post that ran on ‘Voices’, please wait at least 2 weeks to do so. Update it to make it current and link to the original post.
Please plan to promote your post throughout your social networks. We ask that you share it more than once on multiple networks over multiple days. The time frame and scheduling is up to you.
NOTE: Please do not request donations in your blog post.